39.12. The academic councils shall give the board of directors their opinion on any question submitted by the board in matters within their jurisdiction, and they may make recommendations to the board and refer any question to the director general that the academic councils believe requires the board’s attention.
The following must be submitted to the competent academic council before being decided on by the board:
(1) draft by-laws relating to the education regulations;
(2) proposed programs of study of the Conservatoire;
(3) proposals concerning the “Prix du Conservatoire” and Conservatoire competitions;
(4) proposals concerning bursaries or other forms of financial assistance to encourage excellency;
(5) proposed policy frameworks on criteria for association and affiliation with a body that offers training in the scenic arts field or audiovisual field;
(6) the proposed strategic plan for matters within the jurisdiction of the academic councils; and
(7) the selection criteria for and the appointment of the academic director.