1. The object of this Act is to ensure
(1) the legal security of documentary communications between persons, associations, partnerships and the State, regardless of the medium used ;
(2) the coherence of legal rules and their application to documentary communications using media based on information technology, whether electronic, magnetic, optical, wireless or other, or based on a combination of technologies ;
(3) the functional equivalence and legal value of documents, regardless of the medium used, and the interchangeability of media and technologies ;
(4) the linking of a person, an association, a partnership or the State with a technology-based document, by any means allowing them to be linked, such as a signature, or any means allowing them to be identified and, if need be, located, such as certification ; and
(5) concerted action for the harmonization of the technical systems, norms and standards involved in communications by means of technology-based documents and interoperability between different media and information technologies.