24. A public body that carries on an activity referred to in section 22 or 30 of the Environment Quality Act (chapter Q-2) need not obtain the authorization required under those sections if the obligations set out in sections 27 to 34 of this Act are met. However, such an authorization continues to be required for the following activities:
(1) work done, structures erected and any other intervention carried out in wetlands and bodies of water, if the project does not provide for the environments affected to be restored, within the year following the end of the work, so as to recover their original characteristics or present characteristics approaching their original characteristics;
(2) work done, structures erected and any other intervention carried out in the presence of a threatened or vulnerable species within the meaning of the Act respecting threatened or vulnerable species (chapter E-12.01), when such an authorization is required;
(3) construction on a former residual materials elimination site; and
(4) a water withdrawal, within the meaning of sections 31.74 and 31.75 of the Environment Quality Act, including related work and works.
In the case of an activity arising from a project to which the environmental impact assessment and review procedure as adapted by subdivision 5 applies, the acceleration measure provided for in the first paragraph applies only if the Government so provides in accordance with section 46.
2020, c. 272020, c. 27, s. 24.