27.3. Where the law of a foreign country provides for the payment of allowances similar to those provided for in this Act, the Minister may, in accordance with the Act respecting the Ministère des Affaires internationales, de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (chapter M-21.1), enter with the government of that country or with one of its departments or agencies into agreements
(1) prescribing special provisions, even departures from this Act, respecting the entitlement of the family of a national of that country who resides or works in Québec to an allowance in respect of a child of his family who is accompanying him, and respecting the conditions a person must meet to receive the allowance;
(2) determining on what conditions and according to what terms and conditions allowances under this Act may be paid to the family of such a national;
(3) determining on what conditions and according to what terms and conditions allowances under the law of that country may be paid to the family of a Canadian national who resides or works in that country and who had his principal residence in Québec up to his departure for that country, in respect of a child of his family who is accompanying him;
(4) prescribing special provisions concerning the financial adjustments required by the agreements;
(5) establishing procedures for the exchange of information for the purpose of implementing the agreements.
The Government may make such regulations as it considers necessary for the implementation of the agreements.
1989, c. 4, s. 7; 1994, c. 15, s. 33.