A-13.2.1 - Act respecting assistance and compensation for victims of crime

Full text
122. The Minister may refuse, reduce, suspend or cease payment of a benefit in the following cases:
(1)  where the claimant
(a)  wilfully provides false or inaccurate information;
(b)  refuses or omits to provide information required by the Minister or by a provision of this Act, or to give the authorization needed to obtain such information;
(c)  after submitting a claim, does not cooperate or ceases to cooperate with the competent legal authorities in respect of the inquiry or the proceedings, unless he is exempt from the requirement to cooperate pursuant to section 13;
(2)  where the claimant, without valid reason,
(a)  refuses new employment, refuses to return to his former employment or abandons an employment that he could continue to hold;
(b)  hinders an examination requested by the Minister or fails or refuses to undergo such an examination;
(c)  hinders the recommended medical or paramedical care or fails or refuses to undergo such care;
(d)  engages in an act or practice which prevents or delays his recovery;
(e)  hinders the rehabilitation measures made available to him by the Minister pursuant to section 102 or 103, or fails or refuses to avail himself of such measures.
1993, c. 54, s. 122.