39. Stages: This section applies to any indoor place of assembly with fixed seats provided with a permanent stage, work, dressing and store rooms.
(1) A wood floor on open non-combustible framing is permitted provided that such floor be protected with a fire extinguishing system.
(2) Any opening in the stage floor shall be protected and lighted to the satisfaction of the inspector.
(3) Any counter-weight used on the stage shall be made of solid material and shall travel up and down in metal or wooden guide frames.
(4) All stage accessories and partitions made of combustible materials shall be treated to prevent spontaneous ignition and combustion.
(5) Ladders shall be provided with crinolines.
(6) Stairs or ladders leading to elevated catwalks shall be made of non-combustible materials.
(7) The proscenium wall shall have a fire-resistance rating of at least 1 hour, except the opening of the proscenium which shall be protected by a fireproof curtain operated by a mechanism approved by the inspector.
(8) A qualified person shall be in charge of electrical apparatuses such as switchboards, dimmers, etc..
(9) The stage must be provided with ventilating appliances such as provided for in section 38.
(10) Should acrobatic performances be held above spectators, an approved safety net shall be installed.
(11) A portable extinguisher shall be installed on every catwalk and in any room whose floor area is greater than 100 m2; 2 portable extinguishers shall be installed on either side of the stage and under the stage.