17. Fire-resistance rating:
(1) Where a building is divided by a firewall with a fire-resistance rating of at least 2 hours, each part of the building shall be considered as a separate building.
(2) No structural element required to have a fire resistance rating shall be supported by any other structural element which has a fire resistance rating lower than that required for the supported elements.
(3) Any opening made in a required fire separation must be protected by a closing that conforms to Table 2 of Schedule B.
(4) The public corridors of a building shall be separated from the rest of the building by a fire separation having a fire-resistance rating of at least 3/4 of an hour.
However, no fire-resistance rating is required where the floor area is protected by sprinklers and where it does not serve a sleeping accommodation.
This subsection does not apply here the unobstructed width of the corridor is greater than 4.5 m and where the floor area is protected by sprinklers and does not serve a sleeping accommodation.
A building that conforms to the safety requirements of Schedule F is deemed to conform to this subsection.
(4.1) Every public corridor in a family-type hotel shall be separated from the rest of the floor area by a fire separation.
(5) (Paragraph revoked).
(6) In a public building, unless provided with a sprinkler system, any usable space under tiers of seats shall be separated from the seats by a fire separation with a fire-resistance rating of at least 3/4 of an hour.
(7) (Paragraph revoked).