6. Subject to section 11, a person who carries out or has soil excavation carried out may not store contaminated soils elsewhere than on the site of origin or of contamination.
In addition, no contaminated soils may be shipped by the person to a location in Québec other than a site legally authorized to receive such soils, namely
(1) a contaminated soil transfer station;
(2) a contaminated soil storage site;
(3) a contaminated soil treatment site;
(4) a contaminated soil landfill;
(4.1) a contaminated soil reclamation site;
(5) a residual materials landfill;
(6) a site for the final disposal of hazardous materials; or
(7) tailings areas, but only if the soils are soils whose metal and metalloid contamination results from the activities of the enterprise responsible for the tailings area.
The operator or any other person responsible for a site listed in the second paragraph must issue a document to the person who had the soil excavation carried out certifying the receipt and quantity in weight of the contaminated soils. That latter person must keep the document for a minimum of 2 years and make it available to the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks.
If the person who had the soil excavation carried out ships contaminated soils to a site listed in the second paragraph and the person is also the operator of the site, the person must, in lieu of the document referred to in the third paragraph, keep a logbook in which the soil excavation site and the quantity in weight of the contaminated soils shipped to the soil disposal site are entered. The person must keep the logbook for a minimum of 2 years and make it available to the Minister.
O.C. 15-2007, s. 6; 796-2019O.C. 796-2019, s. 31; 993-2023O.C. 993-2023, s. 11.