1.10. The following are exempted from the application of section 188.8.131.52 of the Animal Health Protection Act (chapter P-42):
(1) a veterinary surgeon in the exercise of his or her profession;
(2) any person who, in a situation of superior force, has temporary custody of animals;
(3) the operator of a transportation enterprise, for the duration of the transportation;
(4) an operator holding a Certificate of Good Animal Practice issued by the Canadian Council on Animal Care;
(5) a person having temporary custody of animals during an animal show or competition.