4. In addition to the stipulations set forth in sections 15 and 16 of the Act respecting the development of Québec firms in the book industry (chapter D-8.1), a person who carries on distribution activities in Québec, on his own behalf, must, if he wishes to become accredited, comply with the following norms and conditions:
(1) have his head office or principal establishment in Québec;
(2) in the case of a partnership, be registered with the enterprise registrar;
(3) if a legal person, a company, a cooperative association, a savings and credit union, or a caisse d’entraide économique, be constituted either under the Statutes of Canada or the Statutes of Québec;
(4) prove and certify that every person controlling the distribution firm or owning preferred shares, debentures, bonds or any debt allowing the effective control of the publishing house is eligible for accreditation under sections 15 and 16 of the Act; such proof is not required in the case of a debt owed to a Canadian chartered bank or an institution registered with the Autorité des marchés financiers if the debt is not secured or is guaranteed by persons referred to in sections 15 and 16 of the Act;
(5) produce the financial statements of the establishment and, where applicable, the consolidated financial statements.