44. The day marking the start of the period is not counted, but the last day is counted.
A time period expires on the last day at midnight; a time period that would normally expire on a holiday must be extended until the next working day.
The following are holidays:
(1) Saturdays and Sundays;
(2) January 1 and 2;
(3) Good Friday;
(4) Easter Monday;
(5) June 24, the Québec National Holiday;
(6) July 1, Canada Day, or July 2 if July 1 falls on a Sunday;
(7) the first Monday of September, Labour Day;
(8) the second Monday of October;
(9) December 25 and 26;
(10) the day set by proclamation of the Governor General for the celebration of the birthday of the Sovereign;
(11) any other day set by proclamation or order of the Government as a public holiday or as a day of thanksgiving.
385-2017O.C. 385-2017, s. 44.