5. A school bus or school minibus may be adapted to make it accessible to handicapped school children.
The following provisions of the Regulation respecting road vehicles adapted for the transportation of handicapped persons (chapter C-24.2, r. 51), take precedence over the provisions of this Regulation:
(1) sections 15, 19 to 21 and 26, in respect of doors;
(2) sections 22 and 46, in respect of emergency exits;
(3) sections 39 to 42, in respect of seat belts and wheelchair positions;
(4) sections 47 to 50, in respect of power lift platforms; and
(5) sections 51 to 55, in respect of loading ramps.