8. A dwelling in low rental housing may be allocated, depending on the subcategory to which it belongs, only in accordance with the following rules:
(1) a studio apartment shall be allocated to a single person;
(2) the first bedroom shall be allocated to the head of the household and his spouse, if any;
(3) an additional bedroom shall be allocated to any additional person included in the household; 2 persons less than 7 years of age shall share a bedroom;
(4) an additional bedroom is allocated to a handicapped person whose disability or means used to compensate for the handicap prevents the person from sharing a bedroom;
(5) a bedroom may be occupied by 2 persons of the same sex of 7 years of age or older;
(6) if custody of a child is shared, an additional bedroom is allocated only if the child lives with the household in question at least 40% of the time.
The lessor may, by by-law, establish allocation conditions or criteria different from those provided for in this section in order to take into account the specifics of a shared custody order, the size of the dwelling or exceptional cases.
O.C. 1243-90, s. 8; O.C. 506-93, s. 4; O.C. 423-2011, s. 9.