14. An applicant meeting the following conditions shall be eligible to lease a dwelling in low rental housing in the category or subcategory to which he is entitled under this Regulation:
(1) he is entered on the register of applications to lease;
(2) he can take care of his essential needs independently or with outside help or the help of a caregiver, in particular those needs related to personal care and ordinary household tasks;
(3) he is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (S.C. 2001, c. 27) and is a Québec resident;
(4) for at least 12 months in the 24 months preceding the application or re-entry, the applicant has resided in Québec or, if the by-law of the lessor provides for it, in the selection territory of the lessor;
(5) his income and the incomes of his household are equal to or less than the maximum amount applicable to him under the Canada-Québec Global Agreement on Social Housing.
For the leasing of a dwelling owned by a rental housing cooperative or a non-profit organization, the applicant must also meet the conditions for eligibility established by the constituting act or a by-law of the cooperative or organization.
The residency condition in subparagraph 4 of the first paragraph does not apply to
(1) a handicapped person who, due to a motor disability, is likely to have difficulty entering a dwelling or moving around in it, or whose household includes such a person; or
(2) a person who is a victim of domestic violence as indicated in an attestation issued by a shelter for such persons, a police force or an institution of the health and social services network.
O.C. 1243-90, s. 14; O.C. 506-93, s. 6; O.C. 423-2011, s. 12.