27.1. The operator of a category 2, 3 or 4 private seniors’ residence must draw up and apply a reception and job induction process for all new staff members to familiarize them with their new work environment and the tasks inherent to their duties.
The process must cover
(1) the fire safety plan referred to in section 21.1;
(2) the code of ethics referred to in section 36;
(3) the procedures referred to in Schedule III;
(4) in the case of a residence where personal assistance services are offered, the rules for the safe use of the devices and equipment required to dispense the services;
(5) in the case of a residence where medication distribution or administration services are offered, the procedure for the services set out in the agreement referred to in section 14.1.
The process may include several modules provided that the modules, as a whole, cover the content set out in the second paragraph.
The operator must ensure that all new staff members complete the process or, where applicable, all modules in the process within a reasonable time after beginning work.
The operator must remain available to answer any questions from staff members about the content planned for the process.
A document dated and signed by each new staff member, confirming that the staff member has received and understood the contents of the process provided for in the second paragraph, must be placed in the staff member’s file pursuant to section 58. When the process comprises several modules, a document must be placed in the file for each module.
1574-2022O.C. 1574-2022, s. 271.