10. No educational childcare provider may, directly or indirectly, require or receive costs or a contribution from a parent in addition to those set by this Regulation for any activity organized, item furnished or service offered during the hours in which the childcare referred to in sections 6, 7 and 12 is provided.
That prohibition does not apply to
(1) occasional outings organized in connection with an educational activity in which the child may participate and for which costs are incurred by the educational childcare provider;
(2) outings in which the child may participate that are intended to allow children to attend sport or recreational facilities unavailable in the educational childcare provider’s facility and put at their disposal by a person other than the educational childcare provider, a person to whom the provider is related within the meaning of section 3 of the Act or one of the educational childcare provider’s employees, and for which costs are incurred by the educational childcare provider;
(3) personal hygiene items furnished to a child for which costs are incurred by the educational childcare provider; or
(4) a meal other than a meal provided pursuant to section 6.
In the above cases, the educational childcare provider must give the parent, with the childcare services agreement referred to in section 9,
(1) a detailed description of the outings, if they are known at the time the childcare services agreement is signed, otherwise as soon as they become known, and the amount of the related costs; and
(2) a detailed description of the personal hygiene items and meals for which the educational childcare provider requires costs, and the amount of those costs.
If the parent accepts, the parties are to agree in a special agreement. If the parent refuses, the educational childcare provider must provide the child with the educational services to which the child is entitled. However, the latter obligation does not apply to a home educational childcare provider who organizes occasional outings.
O.C. 583-2006, s. 10; O.C. 850-2008, s. 7.