58. In addition to the information and documents required by the Act, the following information and documents adapted and prepared specifically in relation to the proposed alteration must be submitted with an application for authorization for the structural alteration of a dam that is not an alteration under section 57:
(1) the structural and foundation stability studies for the modified dam, including geotechnical investigations;
(2) seismic stability calculations for the modified dam, unless the dam failure consequence category under sections 17 and 18 is Very Low or Low, but in the latter event, only if the dam is situated in seismic zone 1, 2 or 3;
(3) a topographic analysis of the reservoir rim with respect to the safety check flood, if applicable;
(4) a description of emergency preparedness procedures in the event of a dam failure or failure of the temporary structures during the structural alteration work for which the authorization is sought, if an emergency action plan is required for the dam under Subdivision 2 of Division III;
(5) if the proposed structural alteration would enlarge the area that would be affected by a dam failure, the recommendation of the engineer in charge of drawing up the plans and specifications for the proposed alteration in respect of the dam failure consequence category under sections 17 and 18, to which is appended the dam failure analysis, rough maps or characterization required under section 18 for the consequence category the engineer considers appropriate for the dam; and
(6) detailed cost estimates of the planned work.
In addition to the information and documents referred to in the first paragraph, if the structural alteration would change the safety check flood, the impounding capacity, the full supply level or the discharge capacity of the dam, the following documents must also be appended to the application for authorization:
(1) the appropriate hydrologic and hydraulic studies; and
(2) the impounded water management plan summary as revised for the purpose of the application for authorization if such a plan is required for the dam under Subdivision 1 of Division III.