S-2.2, r. 1 - Regulation under the Public Health Act
3. With respect to the list drawn up under section 83 of the Act, the diseases and infections for which treatment is mandatory for any person affected must satisfy the following 6 criteria:
(1) present a risk of contagion through person-to-person contact;
(2) present a high risk of contagion through the airborne route;
(3) be characterized as chronic, contagious diseases or infections if not treated;
(4) be recognized as serious diseases or infections for the individuals affected, in terms of lethality or morbidity, in the short or long-term;
(5) respond to medical treatment with demonstrated efficacy to eliminate or significantly reduce the contagion; and
(6) respond to no means of treatment other than the treatment to reduce the risk of contagion, apart from the isolation of the person affected.