17. Skidder on wheels:
(1) The hydraulic system and the braking system shall be checked daily.
(2) Any damage done to the cab of the skidder which could affect its structure shall be corrected and repaired immediately.
(3) Between the winch and the seat, a solid screen shall protect the operator (hauler) against the whiplashes of cable.
(4) The cable shall be wound on the winch before the skidder changes place.
(5) The access to the seat of the skidder or the agricultural tractor used as a skidder shall not be wider than 560 mm in width and each side of the access shall have a screen.
(6) The seat of the skidder shall be placed in such a way as to allow the operator to manoeuvre safely.
(7) The skidder shall not be used when the gearing, the driving shafts or the universal joints of the driving shafts are uncovered or unprotected.
(8) The skidder shall be operated from a seated position.
(9) The blade of the skidder shall be in the upright position if not in use and when the apparatus is moving.
(10) The skidder may be left as follows:
(a) the safety brake shall have been previously applied; and
(b) the blade shall be on the ground.