ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENT FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE UNDERSTANDING ON SOCIAL SECURITY BETWEEN QUÉBEC AND SAINT LUCIA
The Gouvernement du Québec
The Government of Saint Lucia,
Pursuant to Article 17 of the Understanding on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Saint Lucia,
Being desirous of giving effect to the Understanding,
Have agreed as follows:
In this Administrative Arrangement,
(a) the term «Understanding» shall mean the Understanding on Social Security between the Government of Saint Lucia and the Gouvernement du Québec, signed on 16 September 1987;
(b) all other terms used shall have the meaning given to them in Article 1 of the Understanding.
In accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 17 of the Understanding, the liaison agencies designated by each of the Parties shall be:
(a) as regards Québec, the Secrétariat de l’administration des Ententes de sécurité sociale or any other agency that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate;
(b) as regards Saint Lucia, the National Insurance Board or any other agency that the competent authority of Saint Lucia may subsequently designate.
Certificate of Coverage
1. In cases referred to in Article 8 to 11 of the Understanding, when a person working in the territory of one Party remains subject to the legislation of the other Party, a certificate of coverage shall be issued by the liaison agency of the Party whose legislation applies.
2. The liaison agency issuing a certificate of coverage shall send a copy of that certificate to the liaison agency of the other Party, to the self-employed, or to the employed person and to the employer of that person.
Claim for Benefit
1. For the application of Part III of the Understanding, a claim for benefit by virtue of the Understanding may be presented to the liaison agency of either Party, or to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation applies.
2. When a claim for benefit is presented to a liaison agency in accordance with paragraph 1, that agency shall send that claim to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation is applicable, along with the required supporting documents.
3. The competent institution of one Party which receives a claim for benefit referred to in paragraph 2 of Article 22 of the Understanding, shall send that claim to the liaison agency of that Party. That liaison agency shall transmit that claim to the competent institution of the other Party along with the required supporting documents.
4. Any information concerning the civil status indicated on a claim shall be certified by the liaison agency transmitting the claim. That agency shall not be required to transmit the supporting documents.
5. Any original document or a copy thereof shall be kept by the liaison agency to which it was initially submitted and a copy shall, upon request, be provided to the competent institution of the other Party.
6. A liaison form shall be attached to the claim and to any supporting documents.
7. If so requested by the competent institution or by the liaison agency of one Party, the liaison agency of the other Party shall indicate the periods of insurance on the liaison form.
8. As soon as the competent institution has taken a decision on a claim, pursuant to the applicable legislation, the competent institution shall notify the claimant and inform the claimant of the ways of recourse and the time limits for such recourse prescribed by that legislation. The competent institution shall also inform the liaison agency of the other Party by means of a liaison form.
Reimbursement between Institutions
For the application of Article 25 of the Understanding, at the end of each calendar year, when the competent institution of a Party has produced experts’ reports at the expense of the competent institution of the other Party, the liaison agency of the first Party shall send to the liaison agency of the other Party a statement listing the fees pertaining to the experts’ reports produced during the year under consideration, indicating the amount owed. That statement shall be forwarded with supporting documents.
Any forms or other documents necessary to implement the procedures prescribed by the Administrative Arrangement shall be determined by common agreement by the competent institutions and the agencies responsible for the application of the Understanding for each of the Parties.
The liaison agencies of both Parties shall exchange, in the form agreed upon, statistical data concerning the payments made to beneficiaries during each calendar year under the Understanding. Such data shall include the number of beneficiaries and the total amount of benefits, by benefit category.
Coming into Force and Denunciation
The Administrative Arrangement shall come into force on the same date as the Understanding. The denunciation of the Understanding shall be deemed to be a denunciation of the Administrative Arrangement.
Done at Québec City on the 16th day of September, 1987, in duplicate in the French and English languages, both texts being equally authentic.
For the Gouvernement du
For the Government of