ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENT TO THE AGREEMENT ON SOCIAL SECURITY BETWEEN QUÉBEC AND THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS
The Gouvernement du Québec
The Government of the Republic of Cyprus,
Considering article 16 of the Agreement on Social Security Between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of the Republic of Cyprus,
Desiring to implement that Agreement,
Have agreed as follows:
In this Administrative Arrangement:
(a) the term «Agreement» means the Agreement on Social Security Between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, signed on 29 August 1990;
(b) the other terms used have the meaning assigned to them in article 1 of the Agreement.
In accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of article 16 of the Agreement, the liaison agencies designated by the Parties are:
(a) for Québec, the Direction de l’administration des ententes de sécurité sociale of the Ministère des Communautés culturelles et de l’Immigration or any other agency that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate; other agency that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate;
(b) for Cyprus, the Department of Social Insurance of the Ministry of Labour and Social Insurance.
CERTIFICATE OF COVERAGE
1. For the purposes of articles 7 to 11 of the Agreement, where a person remains subject to the legislation of one Party while working in the territory of the other Party, a certificate of coverage shall be issued by the liaison agency of the Party whose legislation is applicable.
2. The liaison agency issuing the certificate of coverage shall send a copy of that certificate to the other liaison agency, to the person in question and, where applicable, to his employer.
APPLICATION FOR BENEFITS
1. An application for benefits under the Agreement may be submitted to the liaison agency of either Party, or to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation is applicable.
2. Where the application for benefits referred to in paragraph 1 is submitted to a liaison agency, that agency shall forward the application to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation is applicable, accompanied by the requisite vouchers.
3. Where the competent institution of one Party receives an application for benefits referred to in paragraph 2 of article 22 of the Agreement, it shall forward that application to the liaison agency of the same Party. The liaison agency shall forward that application to the competent institution of the other Party, accompanied by the requisite vouchers.
4. Any application for benefits shall be deemed to have been received by the institution of a Party on the date on which it was initially received in accordance with the Agreement.
5. Any information relative to civil status listed on an application form shall be certified by the liaison agency forwarding the application, which dispenses it from forwarding the vouchers.
6. Any original document or copy thereof shall be conserved by the liaison agency to which it was initially submitted and, upon request, a copy shall be made available to the competent institution of the other Party.
7. A liaison form shall accompany the application and the vouchers referred to in this article.
8. Where the competent institution or liaison agency of one Party so requires, the liaison agency of the other Party shall indicate the insurance periods on the liaison form.
9. As soon as a competent institution has made a decision under the legislation that it applies, it shall so notify the applicant and inform him of the procedures and time limits for recourse under that legislation; it shall also inform the liaison agency of the other Party by using the liaison form.
REIMBURSEMENT BETWEEN INSTITUTIONS
For the purposes of article 25 of the Agreement, at the end of each calendar year, where the competent institution of a Party has caused expert medical appraisements to be prepared at the expense of the competent institution of the other Party, the liaison agency of the first Party shall forward to the liaison agency of the other Party a statement of the fees pertaining to the expert appraisements prepared during the year in question, indicating the amount owed.That statement shall be accompanied by vouchers.
Any forms or other documents necessary to implement the procedures provided for in the Administrative Arrangement shall be determined by common agreement by the competent institutions and the agencies responsible for the application of the Agreement for each of the Parties.
The liaison agencies of the two Parties shall exchange, in the form agreed upon, statistical data concerning the payments made to beneficiaries during each calendar year under the Agreement. Such data shall include the number of beneficiaries and the total amount of the benefits, listed by benefit category.
COMING INTO FORCE AND DENUNCIATION
The Administrative Arrangement comes into force on the same date as the Agreement. Denunciation of the Agreement entails denunciation of the Administrative Arrangement.
Done at Québec on 29 August 1990, in duplicate, in the French and Greek languages, both texts being equally authentic.
For the Gouvernement du Québec
For the Government of the Republic of Cyprus