5. A target-benefit pension plan established under this Regulation must include the following characteristics:
(1) the employer and member contributions as well as the method used for calculating those contributions are determined in advance;
(2) the plan text determines the benefits target, including any ancillary benefit, on the basis of which the current service contribution is established;
(3) the normal pension may vary according to the financial situation of the pension plan, as can any ancillary benefit provided for under the plan; the same variation being described in the actuarial valuation report for the plan;
(4) notwithstanding section 39 of the Act, the employer contribution to the plan is limited to the one set out in the plan text;
(5) the cost of the plan’s obligations determined in accordance with section 8 and the additional contribution referred to in section 8.1, after deducting the employer contribution set out in the plan text, is charged solely to the members and beneficiaries of the plan, under the conditions provided for in section 27;
(6) only the members and beneficiaries are entitled to surplus assets during the existence of the plan, as in the case of its termination;
(7) the plan has no defined contribution provision nor provisions that, under a defined benefit plan, are identical to those of a defined contribution plan.