In force: 2020-12-31
19. A producer of residual granular materials must perform a characterization of those materials in accordance with this Chapter.
This Chapter does not apply in cases where
(1) there is no contaminated soil on the land from which the residual materials originate and the materials concerned originate from residential land, agricultural land other than a livestock waste storage facility, a primary or secondary educational institution, a childcare centre or a day care centre;
(2) the residual granular materials are residual crushed stone from construction work only, or cuttings or tailings from the dimension stone sector;
(3) reclamation of the residual granular materials is carried out on the land from which the materials originate, provided the land concerned meets the following conditions:
(a) the land contains no contaminated materials or contaminated soil;
(b) no motor vehicle repair, maintenance or recycling activities, treated wood reclamation activities or activities covered by Schedule 3 to the Regulation respecting hazardous materials (chapter Q-2, r. 32) or Schedule III to the Land Protection and Rehabilitation Regulation (chapter Q-2, r. 37) have been carried out on the land;
(4) the residual materials originate from road infrastructures and are reclaimed in the course of road infrastructure work carried out by the same operator.
871-2020O.C. 871-2020, s. 19.