20. Every emitter must, not later than 1 October following the end of a compliance period or, where applicable, following the last year during which emissions must be covered pursuant to the first paragraph of section 19, or, if that day is not a business day, not later than the first following business day, cover the GHG emissions of every covered establishment for that period or, where applicable, for the years since the last compliance period.
For that purpose, the emitter must, not later than that date, send the Minister a report on the coverage of the emitter’s GHG emissions including the following information:
(1) the name and contact information of the emitter, with the emitter’s identification number and compliance account number;
(2) the name and contact information of each covered establishment;
(3) the name and contact information of the account representative;
(4) the total quantity of verified emissions for each of the emitter’s covered establishments for the compliance period or, where applicable, for the years since the last compliance period for which emissions coverage was required;
(5) the number and type of emission allowances to be deducted from the compliance account to cover the GHG emissions and, where applicable, the order in which the emission allowances are to be deducted and their serial numbers.
To be valid for the purpose of covering GHG emissions, the emission allowances referred to in subparagraph 5 of the second paragraph must meet the requirements of section 37 and must not have been issued for a year after the compliance period.
In addition, the total quantity of offset credits that the emitter may use to cover the GHG emissions of its covered establishment cannot exceed 8% of the emitter’s GHG emissions for the compliance period.