8. Persons subject to charges for the use of water must, when they are withdrawers referred to in the Regulation respecting the declaration of water withdrawals (chapter Q-2, r. 14), indicate in the annual declaration to be sent to the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks under section 9 of that Regulation, the amount of the charges paid to the Minister of Finance. If they carry on an activity referred to in paragraph 3, 4 or 5 of section 5 of this Regulation, they must also indicate whether or not water is incorporated into the product.
Where the persons are not withdrawers referred to in the Regulation respecting the declaration of water withdrawals, the persons must declare each year to the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks, not later than 31 March of the year following the year for which the declaration is made or, if they have ceased using water during a year, within 60 days of the cessation,
(1) their name, address, telephone number and, where applicable, the Québec enterprise number (NEQ);
(2) the distribution system from which comes the water used;
(3) the number of days during which water was taken from that system;
(4) the activity for which the water is used, identified by its NAICS code;
(5) the monthly volumes and the annual volume of water used, in cubic metres and, in the case of several activities, the volumes broken down for each activity;
(6) the type of measuring equipment installed and any malfunction, breakdown, abnormality or other defect that affected the operation of the equipment, and the number of days during which the volumes could not be measured in a reliable and accurate manner or, if an estimation method is used, the name of the professional who estimated the volumes of water used and his or her profession and a description of the estimation method used;
(7) whether or not water is incorporated into the product, where they carry on an activity referred to in paragraph 3, 4 or 5 of section 5 of this Regulation; and
(8) the amount of the charges paid to the Minister of Finance.
The declaration is completed and sent electronically, using the form on the website of the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs. The person preparing the declaration must certify that the information it contains is accurate. Documents in support of the declaration must be kept at the establishment concerned and made available to the Minister for 5 years.
The persons referred to in the second paragraph must also keep a register in accordance with section 10 of the Regulation respecting the declaration of water withdrawals, which applies with the necessary modifications.
O.C. 1017-2010, s. 8; O.C. 687-2013, s. 2.