28. The operator of municipal wastewater treatment works
(1) who operates a sanitary, partially separated sanitary or combined sewer system without being connected to a treatment plant in contravention of section 5,
(2) who does not comply with a discharge standard provided for in section 6 or 7,
(3) whose works overflows or diverts wastewater in dry weather in contravention of section 8,
(4) who fails to notify the Minister of the events referred to in the first paragraph of section 15,
(5) who fails to comply with the measures planned to minimize or eliminate the effects of an overflow, a failure of the equipment or a diverting in accordance with the fourth paragraph of section 15,
commits an offence and is liable in the case of a natural person, to a fine of $10,000 to $1,000,000 or, despite article 231 of the Code of Penal Procedure (chapter C-25.1), to a maximum term of imprisonment of 3 years, or to both the fine and imprisonment, or in other cases, to a fine of $30,000 to $6,000,000.