In force: 2022-03-01
2. This Chapter applies to all lakes and watercourses and to their shores and banks.
It also applies to all flood zones of a lake or watercourse associated with a 20 year or 100 year flood recurrence levels and any other zone deemed to be flood zones pursuant to section 4 of the Regulation respecting activities in wetlands, bodies of water and sensitive areas (chapter Q-2, r. 0.1), the boundaries of which are, on 25 March 2021, shown by one of the following means, as the case may be:
(1) a map approved under an agreement on mapping and flood zone protection between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of Canada;
(2) a map published by the Gouvernement du Québec;
(3) a map included in a land use and development plan or interim control by-law;
(4) the 20 year or 100 year, or both, flood recurrence levels established by the Gouvernement du Québec;
(5) the 20 year or 100 year, or both, flood recurrence levels referred to in a land use and development plan or interim control by-law;
(6) any perimeter indicated on a map mentioned in Schedule 2 to Order in Council 817-2019 dated 12 July 2019, as amended by Order in Council 1260-2019 dated 18 December 2019 and by orders of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing dated 2 August 2019, 23 August 2019, 25 September 2019, 23 December 2019 and 12 January 2021, excluding the territories listed in Schedule 4 to Order in Council 817-2019 dated 12 July 2019.
In the event of a conflict in the application of the various means mentioned in subparagraphs 1 to 5 of the second paragraph, the boundaries of a flood zone are established according to the most recent of those means and, subsidiarily, according to the most recent flood elevation.
1596-2021O.C. 1596-2021, s. 2.