186. The following modifications to a waterworks system are exempted from authorization pursuant to this Subdivision on the conditions set out in the second paragraph:
(1) the replacement or relocation of a pipe or a pumping, booster or rechlorination station;
(2) the replacement of a reservoir by a reservoir of lesser or equal capacity;
(3) the addition or replacement of other equipment, device or accessory.
The following conditions apply to the activities referred to in the first paragraph:
(1) the specifications for the work are prepared in accordance with the standard specification BNQ 1809-300 or at least meet the requirements of that specification for the work concerned;
(2) the replacement or addition does not result in a modification of the water treatment process or an increase in the capacity of the waterworks system.