6. The information communicated pursuant to section 4 or the second paragraph of section 5 must be based on the best data and best information the operator of the facility or establishment has, may reasonably be expected to have or may obtain by means of appropriate data processing.
The information may be based on one of the following methods of calculation or assessment:
(1) a continuous emission monitoring and recording system;
(2) a mass balance which, in the case of greenhouse gas emissions, must calculate or assess the emissions attributable to matters that contribute 0.5% or more of the total carbon introduced in the process at the facility or establishment;
(3) a technical calculation using an emission factor published in scientific documents;
(4) a technical calculation using an emission rate resulting from an emissions sampling; or
(4.1) a model for the estimation of emissions;
(5) (paragraph replaced);
(6) (paragraph replaced).
In addition, unless otherwise indicated, the data required under this Regulation must be in metric units.
An emissions report made under section 4 or 5 must be signed by the person responsible for the report at the enterprise, facility or establishment, who must also attest to the veracity of the information communicated.
M.O. 2007-09-26, s. 6; M.O. 2010-12-06, s. 7; M.O. 2011-12-16, s. 4; M.O. 2012-12-11, s. 5.