3. In this Regulation,
(0.1) “biomass fuels” means any fuel whose entire heat generating capacity is derived from biomass;
(0.2) “biomass” means a non-fossilized plant or part of a plant, an animal carcass or part of an animal, manure or liquid manure, a micro-organism and any other product derived from such matters;
(0.3) “standard conditions” means a temperature of 20 °C and a pressure of 101.325 kPa;
(0.4) “flexigas” means a gaseous fuel with a low calorific value produced through the gasification of coke;
(1) “total fluorides” means the sum of fluorides emitted as gases and fluorides emitted as particles;
(1.1) “associated gas” means a natural gas which is found in association with crude oil, either dissolved in crude oil or as a cap of free gas above the crude oil;
(2) “Minister” means the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks;
(3) “process” means any method, reaction or operation through which the matter treated undergoes a physical or chemical change in the same production line and includes all successive operations on a single matter bringing about the same type of physical change;
(4) “reporting threshold” means the quantity of a contaminant or a category of contaminants emitted by an enterprise, facility or establishment, expressed in reference to certain parameters, in excess of which the operator of the enterprise, facility or establishment must report its emission level.
For the application of Division II.1,
(1) “CO2 emissions attributable to fixed processes” means the CO2 emissions resulting form a fixed chemical process reaction producing CO2 from carbon in a chemical bond in the raw material and carbon used to withdraw an unwanted component of the raw material where there is no substitutable raw material;
(2) “greenhouse gas emissions attributable to combustion” means greenhouse gas emissions related to an exothermic reaction of a fuel;
(3) “other category greenhouse gas emissions” means greenhouse gas emissions other than emissions attributable to fixed processes and emissions attributable to combustion.