38.6. The construction of a main building must, where applicable, comply with the following flood-proofing measures:
(1) openings such as windows, basement windows and access doors, as well as the main floor, must be at least 30 cm above the 100 year flood recurrence level, with the exception of air vents situated under the crawl space of an existing building or an open space under the building allowing water circulation;
(2) drains must be equipped with check valves;
(3) rooms that are occupied by a person, in particular to sleep, eat or prepare meals, must be elsewhere than in the basement;
(4) a major component in the building’s mechanical system, such as an electrical system, plumbing system, heating system or ventilation system, must not be installed in the basement, unless the nature of the system makes that location mandatory;
(5) the basement, if finished, must be finished using water-resistant materials.