The boundary of the littoral zone is determined using one of the following methods:
(1) if there is a water retaining structure, the boundary of the littoral zone is situated at the maximum operating level of the water retaining structure for the part of the body of water upstream from the structure and within its zone of influence;
(2) if a retaining wall situated elsewhere than in any of the territories referred to in subparagraph 3, the boundary of the littoral zone is situated at the top of the wall;
(3) for coasts and islands in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, the baie des Chaleurs and the portion of the St. Lawrence downstream of the territories of the municipalities of Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague-du-Cap-Tourmente, Saint-Vallier and Saint-François-de-l’Île-d’Orléans the boundary of the littoral zone is determined using the eco-geomorphological method to take into account local variations in waves, tides and water levels;
(4) in cases other than those mentioned in subparagraphs 1 to 3, the boundary of the littoral zone is determined using the expert botanical method or the biophysical method, based on the plant species and physical marks present;
(5) if none of the above methods is applicable, the boundary of the littoral zone is the level associated with the 2 year flood recurrence level.
The first paragraph does not modify the boundary of the littoral zone of the St. Lawrence River situated in the territory of the Municipalité régionale de comté de La Côte-de-Beaupré applicable under the Act to delimit the high water mark of the St. Lawrence River in the territory of Municipalité régionale de comté de La Côte-de-Beaupré (S.Q. 1999, c. 84).