32. Only biopesticides or pesticides containing an active ingredient listed in Schedule II may be applied inside or outside the following establishments:
(1) childcare centres, day care centres and home childcare residences governed by the Educational Childcare Act (chapter S-4.1.1); and
(2) preschools, primary or secondary schools governed by the Education Act (chapter I-13.3), the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native persons (chapter I-14) or the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1).
However, pesticides containing any of the following active ingredients may also be applied in such a place: (1) cyfluthrin to control or destroy flying insects, crawling insects, food insects or wood insects if the pesticide application
i. is carried out by the holder of a Subclass C5 permit; and
ii. is preceded by the application of a biopesticide or a pesticide containing an active ingredient listed in Schedule II, carried out at least 7 days before the application of a pesticide containing that active ingredient, in the case of crawling insects or wood insects;
(2) resmethrin to destroy wasps’, hornets’ or bees’ nests if the pesticide application is carried out by the holder of a Subclass C5 permit; and
(3) bromadiolone in combination with denatonium benzoate or bromethalin in combination with denatonium benzoate to control or destroy rodents if
i. the pesticide is used in solid form in traps, stations or containers that prevent any contact with human beings and that are locked; and
ii. the pesticide application is carried out by the holder of a Subclass C5 permit.
The holder of the permit must, at least 24 hours before the application referred to in the second paragraph, notify the administrator of the establishment referred to in the first paragraph and state the reasons justifying the application of the active ingredient, the name of the pesticide and active ingredient that will be applied, the registration number of the pesticide under the federal legislation on pest control products and the proposed date and time of the application.