29. It is prohibited to apply a pesticide for purposes other than agricultural purposes in the littoral zone of a lake or watercourse, in a wetland, or in a 3 m strip along or around them.
That prohibition does not apply when pesticides are applied by aircraft or
(1) on a railway ballast if the application is carried out using a windbreak;
(2) on dams and dikes and around power plants;
(3) on wooden poles used for the distribution or transmission of electric power or telecommunications;
(3.1) in a wooded peat bog or a swamp not on a lakeshore, riverbank or littoral zone, located north of the St. Lawrence River, in bioclimatic domains of balsam fir-paper birch or spruce-moss forests, when applying phytocides for the maintenance of a power line corridor;
(4) in water when intended for such use; or
(5) by injection into a tree or shrub to control or destroy harmful insects or protect it from parasitic diseases.
It is prohibited to apply a pesticide in the water, on the water or on an organism that is in the water during the applications described in subparagraphs 1 to 3.1 and 5 of the second paragraph.
O.C. 331-2003, s. 29; 871-2020O.C. 871-2020, s. 111; 1596-2021O.C. 1596-2021, s. 1001; 990-2023O.C. 990-2023, s. 1311a.