1. The decision of the executive director of an institution or the person the executive director authorizes in writing concerning placement in an intensive supervision unit must be in writing and give reasons. The decision must be based on an assessment of the child’s situation that shows a serious risk that the child represents a danger to himself or herself or to others.
The assessment must be made with recognized clinical tools and consider
(1) the gravity, intensity, level of dangerousness and recurrence of the child’s behaviour;
(2) the characteristics of the child and of his or her environment;
(3) the child’s background and the overall progress of the rehabilitation process;
(4) the analysis of alternatives to such a placement; and
(5) the child’s participation in his or her rehabilitation process.
O.C. 899-2007, s. 1; S.Q. 2017, c. 18, s. 105.