1. The following groups or classes of persons are exempt from registration in the Registre des propriétaires et des exploitants de véhicules lourds, provided that they meet the conditions applicable to their exemption:
(1) an owner and operator using a heavy vehicle required by an emergency service or in the case of a major disaster or a minor disaster within the meaning of section 2 of the Civil Protection Act (chapter S-2.3);
(2) natural persons who conduct business other than a business with an organized financial structure, whether it is of a commercial nature or not, consisting in the production or manufacture of goods, their management or alienation, or in the provision of services;
(3) lessees of heavy vehicles who are not subject to an administrative measure of prohibition or restriction imposed by the Commission des transports du Québec and who operate free of charge or for their own account heavy vehicles rented for a period of less than 15 consecutive days;
(4) lessors, except as regards the application of section 519.21 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(5) an owner and operator using a heavy vehicle only in the territory of a municipality or of another entity listed in Schedule 1.