5. An assistant officer carries out the following duties, under the authority of the officer:
(1) receive the candidates’ nomination papers and send them to the officer;
(2) inform voters of the voting procedure if more than one person has submitted their candidacy to a designation college;
(3) appoint all scrutineers necessary for assistance in the performance of his or her duties;
(4) supervise the conduct of the designation process;
(5) count the votes;
(6) send the vote count report and ballot papers to the officer.