3. Optometric assistants may perform the following acts:
(1) make the final selection of glass frames with a patient, following the instructions of an optometrist or a dispensing optician;
(2) take the measurements required for the purposes of ordering eyeglass frames or the lenses that will be inserted in them, provided these measurements are verified by an optometrist or a dispensing optician;
(3) fit eyeglass frames containing lenses, following the instructions of an optometrist or a dispensing optician;
(4) perform a basic verification of the visual and physical comfort of patients after a lens is inserted in eyeglass frames.
Whenever they perform these acts, optometric assistants must act under the supervision of an optometrist or a dispensing optician who is responsible for them and available on site to intervene with patients within a short period of time. Patients must also be informed of the identity of the responsible optometrist or dispensing optician and the possibility of consulting this professional at their request. They must also be informed of the identity of the optometric assistant.