7. A first responder may
(1) use the automated external defibrillator for cardio-pulmonary resuscitation;
(2) administer adrenalin with an auto-injector device in the case of a severe anaphylactic allergic reaction;
(3) assist ventilation with a bag valve mask;
(4) insert a nasopharyngeal airway;
(5) administer glucagon in a case of severe hypoglycemia to a person who is unconscious, convulsing, unable to swallow or confused.
In this Regulation, “first responder” means any person whose name is on the list of first responders drawn up by an agency referred to in section 339 of the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2) or by the Corporation d’urgences-santé referred to in section 87 of the Act respecting pre-hospital emergency services (chapter S-6.2).