7.In addition to the activities contemplated by section 5, the ambulance technician may:
(1) assess the presence of signs or symptoms allowing the application of the protocols contemplated in section 4 in a person with a health problem that requires emergency intervention;
(2) insert a dual lumen esophago-tracheal tube in a person experiencing cardiopulmonary arrest or with an impaired state of consciousness and a respiratory rate of less than 8 breaths per minute;
(3) administer sublingually, orally, intranasally, subcutaneously, intramuscularly or by inhalation the necessary substances or medications to a person who presents a health problem requiring an emergency intervention;
(4) introduce an intravenous solution not containing medication using a short peripheral catheter at the request and in the presence of an ambulance technician trained in advanced care;
(5) use the semi-automatic defibrillator monitor for cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
(6) provide clinical monitoring of the condition of a person who presents a health problem requiring an emergency intervention.