2. A veterinary surgeon shall promote the protection and the improvement of public health and of the quality of the environment. In the practice of the profession, a veterinary surgeon shall, in particular,
(1) take into account all the foreseeable consequences which his opinions, research and work may have on society;
(2) promote measures of education and information in the field in which he practises and, insofar as possible, perform the necessary acts to ensure such education and information;
(3) collaborate in the safe recovery of outdated or unused medications for purposes of destruction;
(4) not make or participate in, directly or indirectly, uncontrolled discharges of biomedical contaminants into the environment.