2. In order for an agricultural operation to qualify for registration, the person applying for registration shall prove that the agricultural operation has generated, during the preceding calendar year, a gross annual revenue equal to or greater than the minimum value of agricultural production necessary to qualify as a producer under the Farm Producers (chapter P-28).
For the purposes of the first paragraph, the gross revenue from the sale of wood shall be taken into account for only half of the minimum amount necessary to qualify for registration.
The gross revenue of an agricultural operation shall be considered equal to the minimum value referred to in the first paragraph
(1) where the agricultural operation is registered for the first time or was registered for the first time during one of the 2 calendar years preceding the year during which an application for registration is made;
(2) where development work has been done or undertaken with a view to producing the minimum gross revenue necessary for registration in the future, taking into account the special features of the production;
(3) where a new type of production has been undertaken with a view to producing such revenue in the future, taking into account the special features of the production; or
(4) where the production or sale of agricultural products is temporarily limited owing to exceptional natural causes or adverse market conditions.
O.C. 340-97, s. 2; O.C. 817-2007, s. 2.