4. The Minister recognizes as an immigration consultant a person who
(1) is registered in the enterprise register under the Act respecting the legal publicity of enterprises (chapter P-44.1) or carries on activities for an enterprise registered under that Act or having an establishment in Québec;
(2) is a member in good standing of a body, other than the bar of a province or the Chambre des notaires du Québec, designated as an authorized representative under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/02-227);
(3) has neither communicated or contributed to the communication of information the person knew or should have known to be false or misleading to the Minister, an investigator or an inspector, nor committed an offence against the Act respecting immigration to Québec (chapter I-0.2) or its regulations in the 3 years preceding the application for recognition;
(4) has passed the Minister’s examination on Québec immigration rules; and
(5) shows a knowledge of French appropriate to the carrying on of his or her activities.
A person is deemed to have an appropriate knowledge of French if the person has
(1) passed an examination recognized by the Minister;
(2) received, on a full-time basis, no less than 3 years of secondary or post-secondary instruction provided in French;
(3) passed the fourth or fifth year secondary level examinations in French as the first language; or
(4) obtained a secondary school certificate in Québec from and after the school year 1985-1986.