54. Geologists must not betray the good faith of another geologist, breach the person’s trust, act unfairly towards him or her or damage the person’s reputation. Geologists must not
(1) take credit for work performed by another geologist;
(2) take advantage of their hierarchical status to limit the professional independence of a geologist at their service or under their responsibility;
(3) give their professional opinion on work carried out by another geologist without having first notified the other geologist and making sure that the other geologist’s work is completed, unless required to do so by law; or
(4) deliberately harm relationships between other geologists and their clients.