2. This Regulation governs admission to apprenticeship, the issue of certificates of qualification and the carrying on of the trades or vocations described in section 3 for work carried on in the fields of electricity, pipe fitting and mechanical conveyor systems mechanics, when the work is carried on in sectors not governed by the Act respecting labour relations, vocational training and workforce management in the construction industry (chapter R-20).
However, it does not apply to
(1) work that consists in the factory mounting of an electrical installation in a prefabricated building approved pursuant to Division III of Chapter V of the Construction Code (chapter B-1.1, r. 2);
(2) work on an electrical installation used to provide the energy for the operation of electric railroads or subways or on the apparatus connected to it;
(3) work on water mains and sewer systems;
(4) work carried out in a mine and in a pellet plant or a mineral concentration plant related to a mine and also on any equipment necessary for the transportation of such a substance; or
(5) maintenance work on piping, apparatus, accessories and other devices necessary for the distribution of thermal energy other than energy intended for heating a building.
O.C. 279-2006, s. 2; O.C. 1146-2008, s. 2; O.C. 849-2009, s. 2.