28. The summary may pertain only to the product and must satisfy all the following conditions:
(1) it must be concise;
(2) it must explain the product;
(3) it must be written in language that is clear, readable, specific and not misleading so as to highlight the essential elements for informed decision-making and not cause confusion or misunderstanding;
(4) it must present accurate information;
(5) it must not contain any advertising or promotional offer;
(6) it must not be the insurance policy or certificate.
Where necessary, the insurer may refer the client to the relevant sections of the specimen of the insurance policy to obtain additional information not found in the summary.
2019-05M.O. 2019-05, s. 28; 2020-07M.O. 2020-07, s. 61.