3. An agency may, by by-law, determine the cases where a person who, for recreational purposes, enters or stays in a ZEC under its management or engages in any other activity therein, shall be required to register.
Such person must comply with the following registration procedure:
(1) identify himself or herself with the person’s name and address, an identification number and, where applicable, the number of the person’s hunting or fishing licence;
(2) specify a date and a single location or, as the case may be, a single sector in which the person will be hunting or fishing, for each day of hunting or fishing;
(3) specify a date and a location or, as the case may be, a sector where the person will carry on a recreational activity that is part of a development plan approved by the Minister in accordance with section 106.0.1 of the Act, for each day the activity will be carried on;
(4) place proof of registration on the dashboard of the person’s vehicle so that it may be read from the outside or carry and produce it upon request from a wildlife protection officer, a wildlife protection assistant or an area warden; the duly completed registration is to be deposited at the reception centre on leaving the controlled zone; and
(5) pay the fees payable.
Subject to the fourth paragraph, a person may have the choice of location or sector for hunting, fishing or a recreational activity referred to in subparagraph 3 of the second paragraph modified by a registration officer by paying the difference if the person requests to be transferred to a location or sector for which the fees are higher. If there are no additional fees to be paid, the person may also have it done by a wildlife protection officer, a wildlife protection assistant or an area warden if they are able to immediately notify the registration officer. This paragraph does not apply to a person who hunts in a limited access sector.
If places are available and subject to the payment of fees, a person may also have a registration officer modify the choice of fishing location or sector in the following cases:
(1) to replace a non-limited access sector by a limited access sector or a body of water referred to in section 17.1;
(2) to replace a limited access sector or such a body of water by another limited access sector or another such body of water; and
(3) to replace a limited access sector or such a body of water by a non-limited access sector.
O.C. 1255-99, s. 3; O.C. 485-2004, s. 2; O.C. 64-2012, s. 2; O.C. 751-2014, s. 2.