C-61.1, r. 5 - Regulation respecting animals in captivity
O.C. 802-2010, s. 40; O.C. 1173-2013, s. 26.
74.4. The holder of a non-resident’s circus licence must
(1) lay out and maintain every shelter, cage or enclosure in accordance with the plan referred to in paragraph 1 of section 74.3;
(2) keep the animals in buildings, cages, enclosures or shelters designed or built to prevent any animal attack and any transmission of fatal infectious diseases to an animal or a human;
(3) have the care of the animals supervised by a veterinary surgeon;
(4) make sure that the civil liability insurance contract referred to in paragraph 6 of section 74.2 stays in force throughout the term of the licence;
(5) notify without delay a wildlife protection officer upon discovering that an animal has escaped from the enclosure or cage;
(6) allow a wildlife protection officer or a person accompanying the officer to take samples from the animals kept in captivity or from the premises on which they are kept.