23. The animal owner is not required to comply with a provision of this Part if the owner holds a notice in writing from a veterinary surgeon specifying that the application of the provision is counter-productive by reason of the animal’s age or state of health, in the context of a planned veterinary operation or the collection of biological samples.
The veterinary surgeon’s notice must contain
(1) the identification number of the animal concerned or, failing that, a description of the physical characteristics allowing to identify the animal easily;
(2) the provisions of this Part the application of which is contraindicated and the period of the contraindication;
(3) the name and contact information of the animal’s owner;
(4) the date on which the notice is issued; and
(5) the signature of the veterinary surgeon and the number of his or her permit issued by the Ordre des médecins vétérinaires du Québec.
The notice must be kept at all times by the keeper of the animal throughout the period of contraindication and be shown at the request of a wildlife protection officer.