12.1. In the part of the habitat of the woodland caribou, mountain ecotype, Gaspésie population, located outside the limits of the Parc national de la Gaspésie, activities such as outcrop stripping, trenching, excavating, boring, seismic refraction surveying or access road construction for the purposes of those activities may be carried out only in compliance with the following requirements:
(1) written notice shall be sent by registered mail to the Minister at least 15 days prior to the date set to begin the work; the notice must specify the type of work planned, the size of the area involved, the location and the work schedule;
(2) the activity may be carried out only during the period from 15 June to 1 November;
(3) the area where outcrop stripping, trenching, excavating or boring take place may not exceed 5 ha in a single block and such areas shall be spaced out at intervals of at least 100 m;
(4) the sum of the areas where such activities take place may not be more than 2% of the total area of the territory; and
(5) trenches and other excavations shall be filled in and organic matter shall be spread over them when the activity has been completed.
The percentage requirement in subparagraph 4 of the first paragraph is cumulative and shall apply to areas deforested year after year in simultaneous or successive deforestation activities by one or more persons for a maximum of 10 years from the completion of the work or, where the work lasts less than one year, from the beginning of the work.
O.C. 951-2001, s. 6; O.C. 721-2011, s. 4; S.Q. 2022, c. 10, s. 101.